Write a 4 pages paper on august 2011 public disorder in london. The data presented in the filing fails to command authenticity and as the bulletin reports, the use of it should be under the understanding of its potential flows and is only viewed as approximations. The most observable feature of the data as presented is the rounded off figures which therefore confirms the approximate nature of the data. The data presented covers factual records on court hearing data, data on ethnicity as well as age and gender and data on case classifications on the area among others. Moreover, the distribution of the court proceedings between the court systems across the country is in the record within the data presented. Nevertheless, it would be pointed out that the data presented fails to authoritatively quantify the number of offenders involved in each act of offense as was committed during the time. It is however acknowledged that the data presented was collected/retrieved from the administrative records as official statistics. This implies that though with the possible shortcomings pointed out in the discussion, the data can be used for research purposes as secondary data by the virtue of being official statistics.
The report shows that public violence involved many people who had disparities in age, gender and motives (Dodd, 2011). The report notes that on the basis of age, the public disorder involved 27% juveniles (aged between 10 and 17 years), 26% were aged 18-18 years while only an approximate of 5% of the offenders were above 40 years by age. In comparison with the age distribution of offenders previously convicted in similar offenses in 2010, great disparities were observed from the 2011 statistics, majorly being on the numbers of offenders. Amongst 3103 defendants who faced initial trials in London magistrate courts, 27% were juveniles while the remaining 73% were adults. It is, however, to be noted that this was only 72% of the total accused persons because of others faced trials elsewhere. .