Topic: The Future of Work: Artificial intelligence, Gender Norms, the Nature of the Corporation
I expect five sections for this project.
1) Problem definition… what is the issue, who does it affect (e.g. Global North vs. Global South), and why is it a problem?
2) Who are the stakeholders?
3) Major debates/issues…what are some of the most widely held views/position
4) What are some of the solutions to address the problem (also, what are some solutions that might NOT be a solution)? What are governments and NGOs doing? Are existing businesses part of the solution or the problem? How might the solution fail? What stands in the way of this solution?
5) How might this be an opportunity for businesses or what firms are pursuing this or how would industry need to adapt?
Within the topic they select, students are free to focus on any angle they find particularly interesting and emphasize how it impacts the future of our world; they are encouraged to provide the main relevant perspectives about that angle and not just their own personal opinion. They are expected to support their assertions by clearly citing their sources and by referring to core course concepts.
A good project will incorporate a minimum of 20 cited sources (this is a general guideline and I expect you to research this issue extensively). You do not have to conduct primary research (interviews, online surveys) but are encouraged to do so if it will benefit your research and is feasible