Part 1 Mission
Redefine Lee’s Mission. Lee’s current mission is more of a product-oriented mission statement. For example, “We sell flowers” or “We make pizza.”
● Write a marketing-oriented mission statement for Lee’s business.
Part 2: Situation Analysis
Organization Strengths and Weaknesses:
● Describe methods that Lee could use to identify her internal strengths and weaknesses information. For example, some businesses use secret shoppers to identify an organization’s strengths and weaknesses. Explain your response.
● Who are the direct and indirect competitors for Lee’s business located in Indianapolis area?
● Using sources like the U. S. Census Bureau (Go to Browse by Topic), describe the demographics affecting Lee’s business in Indianapolis.
● How is technology being utilized in the industry assigned that might have a positive or negative impact on Lee’s business?
● Identify Lee’s competitive advantage against her direct and non-direct competitors in the city nearest to where you live.
● Finally, define the term “sustainable competitive advantage” and explain what advice you would give to Lee in her quest to build a sustainable competitive advantage.
Part 3: Marketing Objectives
● Set Marketing Plan Objectives for Lee’s.
● Identify at least two S.M.A.R.T. goals (i.e., Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant to the Mission, and Time-bounded).