Some of the most well-known motivational theories include the following:
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory
- Douglas McGregor’s theory X and theory Y
- Frederick Herzberg’s two-factor theory
- Equity theory
Thisdiscussion has three parts, as follows:
- Provide an example of how 1 of the 4 motivational theories is used in a real-life situation. Discuss the pros and cons of using this particularmotivational theory. Your reply should be detailed and provide the main elements of the theory that you choose.
- Discuss the different types of organizational performance measurements. As a part of your response, think about what makes you (or would make you) the most satisfied as an employee. Your reply should also include employee-related performance measurements.
- In your own opinion, what do you think are the best ways in which a company can motivate its employees? You should provide a minimum of 2 examples in your response.