Answer the following questions using your textbook and/or outside resources. Be sure to cite any outside resources. Answer the questions thoroughly, and start a new paragraph for each question. You can single-space, and no MLA heading required. DO NOT UPLOAD a document; cut and paste or use the word processor in Blackboard. This makes it easier for your classmates.
1. Compare the main tenets of Buddhism with the religions of the Abrahamic tradition (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). Does Buddhism share any values? Discuss.
2. Should Hinduism be considered a form of monotheism because of its belief in brahman (the one true reality)?
3. Who was the more effective ruler, Emperor Ashoka or Emperor Shihuangdi? Who had the more lasting impact on world culture?
4. Why might a prophet be reluctant to follow his/ her calling? Are there any people in your lifetime whom you would consider modern-day prophets? What challenges have they encountered?
5. Christian art has a didactic or teaching function. What lessons are taught in early Christian art through its sculpture, frescoes, and mosaics?
6. Biblical references permeate many aspects of American Culture. Find at least 3 examples and share them.
To get full credit, respond to at least two other people by asking or answering questions or sharing experiences. This assignment will be graded holistically, meaning 10 is excellent, 9 is very good, 8 is good, etc. Remember to use Standard English at all times; this is academic writing.