Leading Teams in Health and Social Care-Explain communication style in leadership and how does this affect team performance and the organization?
1.This assignment is an essay form subheadings not necessary.
2.Must use proper referencing using Harvard style especially in in text citation and at the very last page of this assignment.
3. This is a case study evaluating the poor leadership practice in the Lawn Residential Care Home
4. This essay must examine the poor leadership practice in this care home.
5. This essay must examine the role and importance of leadership in health and social care settings.
6. Please give the definition of leadership and leadership theory and give examples, i.e Frederick Taylor’s leadership strategy and connect it to the case study for advantage or disadvantage of diff leadership style in leading teams in health and social care
7. Explain teamworking and how to create a team, mention Tuckman’s theory
8. Explain the issues in the Lawn residential care home that leads to rating inadequate
9. Explain communication style in leadership and how does this affect team performance and the organization?
10. Give examples of Health and Social care policy, legislation and framework, i.e health and social care act 2012, human rights 1998, data protection act, safeguarding act, 1992, RIDDOR, mental capacity act 2005, equality and diversity, etc
11. Explain how decision making affects the leadership performance and team performance in this case study.
12. Explain failures of leadership in this case study
– how to resolve conflicts and how to make resolution
13. In evaluating the issues in this care home, what could be the recommendation to improve leadership performance in leading team effectively on terms of open communication between the leader and the team member to support team development so that the needs and expectations of the service users will be met.
14. Please use these as references:
Adair, J 2006, effective leadership development? Adair, J 2002, effective strategic leadership, Belbin, R, 2002, Bryman, A 1994, leadership in organization in Clegg.and additional academic references in health and social care.