1. How would you describe your ‘self’?
2. In what ways has your ‘self’ changed during the course of your life?
3. In what ways has your ‘self’ remained the same during the course of your life?
4. Do you agree with Socrates/Plato that our psyche/soul/self is divisible into three parts? Why or why not?
5. Of the three parts, reason, physical, and spirited, which part influences your thoughts and actions the most?
6. Do you agree with Plato that the ‘reason’ part should keep the ‘physical and spiritual’ parts in check?
7. Do you agree with Descartes’ understanding of the ‘self’ as reducible to mere mental operations such as understanding, doubting, affirming, denying, willing, refusing, feeling and imagining?
8. How do you understand the word ‘consciousness’?
9. How do you understand the terms ‘person’ and ‘personal identity’? 10. What do you think is the relationship between your consciousness and your thinking process?
11. What role do pictures play in understanding yourself
12. What role do memories play in understanding yourself
13. What role of stories of our past play in understanding yourself