1. Describe the clinical or administrative problem related to the PICOT question formulated and approved in Week 1.
PICOT question: In patients with moderate to severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) due to Covid-19, how does proning compare to supinating benefits the patient’s oxygenation during their intensive care unit?
• Discuss why the problem is important to nursing practice
• Discuss the chosen intervention
• Elaborate on how the intervention may impact the stated outcome
1. Discuss two (2) barriers that a master’s prepared nurse might encounter before implementing the intervention.
2. Explore two (2) possible actions that can be used for handling those barriers.
3. Identify two (2) inclusion criteria and two (2) exclusion criteria to be used in the analysis of the evidence.
4. Identify the databases (e.g., CINAHL, Medline) and key terms used in initiating the search. ( terms used: Proning, COVID 19)
5. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, four (4) to five (5) pages excluding the title and reference pages.
6. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
7. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
9. Include a minimum of three (3) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support the paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).