Answer the following questions using your textbook. Be thorough.
1. In the painting Giovanni Arnolfini and His Bride, there are many symbols relating to marriage. If van Eyck were painting a contemporary portrait of newlyweds, what symbols would he include?
2. Explain how Michelangelo and Raphael are more than a culmination of the Italian Renaissance.
3. “Each man calls barbarism whatever is not his own practice.” Explain how this line from Montaigne can still hold true in contemporary events or experiences.
4. Give a short bio of the Renaissance philosopher Francis Bacon.
5. Can the Church of England be considered a genuine part of the Reformation movement? Why or why not?
Note: This assignment will be graded holistically, meaning 10 is excellent, 9 is very good, 8 is good, etc.