Explore the Internet to locate information about artificial pacemakers and diagnostic electrocardiography. Next, consider how you might explain this information to a patient. Remember to think about the emotional stress of a cardiology patient, especially when undergoing EKG tests in the hospital.
- How could you explain the technology related to using an EKG or artificial pacemaker?
- How could you validate the reliability and accuracy of the web resource(s) you identified?
- What is one specific technology associated with using an EKG for diagnostic purposes?
- What is one specific technology associated with an artificial pacemaker?
- What are the benefits to the patient?
- What might the patient experience when using these technologies?