Address these central questions in a one page response for each question (to make 5 pages total):
1. How does the novel A Cool Million represent Native Americans? How does the use of satire shape the portrayal of Native Americans and its meaning?
2. How does the novel A Cool Million represent Asian Americans? How does the use of satire shape the portrayal of Asian Americans and its meaning?
3. How does the novel A Cool Million represent Jews? How does the use of satire shape the portrayal of Jews and its meaning?
4. In the novel A Cool Million, how does economics, politics, xenophobia, abuses of power or the criminal justice system work to oppress individuals or help them out? Moreover, in what ways does political “rhetoric” or the idea of the American Dream influence people’s ways of thinking or acting? For example, does it make them knowledgeable and rational, or naive and gullible? How so?
5. Lastly, in what ways is A Cool Million’s portrayals similar or different to today’s society (with regard to politics, political corruption, xenophobia, violence, exploitation, economics, race relations, abuses of power, or people’s ignorance or naievete to dogmatic beliefs)?-
Use specific references from the novel (several parts of it, not just one section) to support your answers, and make sure to address the questions fully. Please number the responses in your midterm to match the questions being asked.
Page 1: Question 1
Page 2: Question 2
Page 3: Question 3
Page 4: Question 4
Page 5: Question 5