my question is related to Business law.
5. In which of the following legal proceedings is Barney appearing in a matter categorized as private law?
- Barney appears as a witness for the prosecution in Fred’s fraud trial.
- Barney appears as a witness at a hearing where Fred is appealing the decision of a worker’s compensation tribunal
- Barney appears as a witness in proceeding where Fred is suing a business associate for breach of contract.
- Barney appears as a witness at Fred’s trial on a municipal noise by-law infraction.
6. Which of the following is an example of procedural law?
- The rule that prohibits a restaurant from serving alcohol to persons under the age of 19.
- The rule that requires the operator of a vehicle to drive within the prescribed speed limit.
- The rule that prevents songs protected by copyright from being uploaded onto the Internet without permission.
- The rule that requires that a lawsuit must be personally served on the defendant in the case.
7. Which of the following is not a legal term normally associated with civil law proceedings?
8. Which of the following is not an example of how tribunals are different from courts?
- Tribunal decisions are not binding on the parties in the same way as are court decisions.
- Tribunals usually have more informal and flexible procedures than do courts.
- Tribunals may consider public policy to a degree that courts usually do not.
- Tribunals may admit evidence that would never be admitted in a court.
9. The judicial branch of government creates case law when it interprets the law. However, Canada has a constitutional principle that allows the legislative branch of government to override judge-made law. What is this constitutional principle known as?
- ultra vires
- stare decisis
- rule of law
- parliamentary supremacy
- Tired of low grades? We can help you write a successful essay that will boost your grades.
Order With Us Today!