Coaching Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice
Answer ONE of the following essay titles:
1) A number of models and theories can be used to inform the goal-setting in coaching. With reference to these, outline how a coach can maximize the likelihood that a coachee will strive towards the goals they set?
2) What are some of the main limitations in the scientific evidence for coaching? Make reference to research in your answer.
3) “There are different coaching psychology approaches for a reason”. Discuss this claim in terms of the humanistic, solution-focused, and motivational interviewing coaching psychology approaches.
4) Why is it important for a coach to form an effective coaching relationship with their coachee, and how might the coach go about doing so? Refer to research/evidence supporting your answer.
5) Discuss the relevant theoretical and practical approaches that inform the work of coaching psychologists supporting individuals through life transitions.