Organism Research #3—VirusesName
1. Virus name:
2. Virus family:
3. Is this virus naked or enveloped?
4. What type of genetic information does this virus carry? (dsDNA, ssDNA, dsRNA, (-)RNA, (+)RNA)
5. Describe the life cycle of a virus. Include all five steps (you may give the generalized virus life cycle).
6. Discuss the host range of your virus.
7. Discuss the routes of transmission of your virus and how it can be controlled.
8. What treatments/preventative (vaccines), if any, are available.
9. Any other interesting facts about your virus?