Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Design a health assessment on a particular health issue/concern in your.
- Discuss the PRECEDE-PROCEED model and its value in the health assessment.
- Discuss the phrase “picking your battles” and its relevance in prioritizing in assessing community.
- Discuss the three basic components of any health program planning.
- Assess findings of health assessments that can be used to plan community health interventions and influence policy making regarding.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HA560-3: Design a community health assessment using epidemiological principles and basic research methods.
HA560-4: Evaluate community health data.
There are a great number of resources on the Internet that provide reliable examples of health assessments. It is recommended that you find one public site within your own State/county and you can carry this data over to the Unit 8 assignment. Go to the public link chosen and choose a health issue (i.e. Children with Special Health Care Needs). Review the data and evaluate it. Report your findings in a thorough, well-organized manner. For example, if you live in Los Angeles county, California, this link is an option for you – http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/ha/HA_ALPHA_REPORTS.htm
Ask yourself these questions as you gather your data:
- What can you assume from this health assessment? Take into consideration the population demographics used in Unit 4.
- What information contained in the report could help you in planning interventions in community health?
- What information could be used in public policy planning?
Format your paper consistent with APA 6th guidelines. Be sure to list your sources of information at the end of your assignment. You should have at least 3 sources.
Assignment should be 3-5 pages long.