Chapter 12 Leadership
1. Discuss the components of what makes up a good leader.
2. Discuss the differences between leading and managing.
3. Discuss the situational approaches to leadership.
4. Discuss the contemporary perspectives on leadership.
Chapter 13 Motivating Performance
1. Discuss the process of goal setting theory in organizational motivation.
2. What are the pitfalls of mismanaging rewards and punishment?
3. Explain the importance of expectancy and instrumentality theories via effort-to-performance and performance-to-outcome links on motivation.
4. How do the “need” theories affect the understanding of motivation? Give some specific examples.
5. Discuss the importance of “equity” and “justice” in motivation and achieving fairness.