Case Analysis—Adapting to Market Conditions
A business must be able to adapt to the market conditions in the host country. Using the Argosy University online library resources, find an example of a U.S. firm attempting to gain access to a foreign market dominated by the host country’s corporations, retailers, and distributors.
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic situation in the case including a discussion of the business strategy of the U.S. firm you identified.
- Discuss the host country’s market along with the retail market, including its structural features. In your opinion, what are the primary differences compared to the U.S. markets where the U.S. firm normally does business?
- Discuss the changes that occurred in the host country’s marketplace over the last 20-30 years.
- Explain the efforts by the U.S. firm you identified to enter the host country’s marketplace.
- From your assessment, what seem to be the two most important factors that make entry into the host country’s marketplace challenging and potentially risky for a U.S. firm?
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Summarized the basic situation in the case study and the business strategy of the U.S. firm you identified.
Compared the host country to the U.S. marketplaces in relation to the case study.
Outlined the changes in the host country’s marketplace over the last 20-30 years and the two most important reasons why entry into the market is challenging and risky for U.S. companies.
Explained the efforts by the U.S. firm you identified to enter the host country’s marketplace.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20